|Level: 4/5||Credit Value: 15||GLH: 60 hours|
This course will introduce you to the history of emotional intelligence and what it's all about. You'll explore the most popular theories, including the 'EI blueprint', Martin Seligman's 'ABCs of optimism', the VALUE and SOLER techniques, Ekman's seven basic emotions, and Plutchik's wheel. You'll also explore your personal values and vision statement to help guide you in your emotional intelligence development.
Emotional intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to be aware of and manage emotions and relationships. This course will help you develop your emotional intelligence to give you that extra edge in building relationships and connecting with others.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what emotional intelligence means
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
You must have an appropriate standard of English to enable you to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
The course is assessed through continuous online assessment. You will complete several tasks including short essays, multiple choice questions and short case studies with a pass mark of 75%. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the assessments as many times as you need with no extra charge
What will you receive?
Upon completion of this course you will be awarded a training certificate in Emotional Intelligence by Stratford College of Business and Management. The college is accredited by the Accreditation Service for International College (ASIC).
Credits from this course may count towards achievement of ATHE Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management - 240 credits. This is an Ofqual regulated qualification that gives access too the final year of a UK bachelor degree in Business (or related subject).
You will need to meet the following additional requirements:
- You must be 18 years and over
- There are no formal requirements for specific prior qualifications or levels of attainment but if you have recently been in education or training you will normally be expected to have either 2 or more GCE A levels and 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above, other level 3 qualifications in relevant subjects. Alternatively you may hold an Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency, or other equivalent international qualifications.
- Mature learners will normally have relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with a degree of responsibility, and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications.
- You must have an appropriate standard of English to enable you to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
- You will be further assessed by an additional coursework assignment for each short online course. Assessment fee is £100 for each online course.
- To view all the short courses required to achieve the Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management please click here
The ATHE Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management gives access to the following online programmes delivered in partnership with LSM: