Credit Value: 15
GLH: 60 hours
In this course, you will explore what self-esteem is and where low self-esteem comes from. You will also learn ways to build your self-esteem, get what you want, and make others feel better about themselves.
Ayn Rand once said: "the man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone." This course will give you some techniques that can dramatically change how you feel about yourself and how you approach the world.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize that you have worth, and are worthy of happiness
- Develop techniques for eliminating unhealthy thought patterns and replacing them with supportive patterns
- Learn how to turn negative thoughts into positive thoughts
- Learn how to make requests so that you get what you want
- Set goals that reflect your dreams and desires, and reinforce healthy patterns
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
You must have an appropriate standard of English to enable you to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
The course is assessed through continuous online assessment. You will complete several tasks including short essays, multiple choice questions and short case studies with a pass mark of 75%. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the assessments as many times as you need with no extra charge
What will you receive?
Upon completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate of training in Building Your Self Esteem and Assertiveness Skills by Stratford College of Business and Management. The college is accredited by the Accreditation Service for International College (ASIC).