Credit Value: 15
GLH: 60 hours
To start this course, you will review the fundamentals of finance (including basic terms, generally accepted accounting principles, and financial roles in an organisation). Then, you will learn about different types of budgets and a six-step budgeting process. You will also learn how to monitor budgets, perform basic ratio analysis, and compare investment opportunities.
We all play a role in our organisations financial health, whether we realise it or not. This course will give you the skills that you need to speak knowledgeably about budgets and managing money, and to contribute to the bottom line. We recommend that you complete Accounting Skills for New Supervisors before beginning this course.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Define basic financial terminology
- Prepare a budget of any type or size
- Get your budget approved
- Perform basic ratio analysis
- Make better financial decisions
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
You must have an appropriate standard of English to enable you to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
The course is assessed through continuous online assessment. You will complete several tasks including short essays, multiple choice questions and short case studies with a pass mark of 75%. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the assessments as many times as you need with no extra charge
What will you receive?
Upon completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate of training in Budgets and Managing Money by Stratford College of Business and Management. The college is accredited by the Accreditation Service for International College (ASIC).
Credits from this course may count towards achievement of ATHE Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management - 240 credits. This is an Ofqual regulated qualification that gives access too the final year of a UK bachelor degree in Business (or related subject).
You will need to meet the following additional requirements:
- You must be 18 years and over
- There are no formal requirements for specific prior qualifications or levels of attainment but if you have recently been in education or training you will normally be expected to have either 2 or more GCE A levels and 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above, other level 3 qualifications in relevant subjects. Alternatively, you may hold an Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency, or other equivalent international qualifications.
- Mature learners will normally have relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with a degree of responsibility, and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications.
- You must have an appropriate standard of English to enable you to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
- You will be further assessed by an additional coursework assignment for each short online course. Assessment fee is £100 for each online course.
- To view all the short courses required to achieve the Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management please click here
The ATHE Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management gives access to the following online programmes delivered in partnership with LSM: